The Hippus HandShoe Mouse is a truly ergonomic mouse that fits like a glove. The standard computer mouse - most of the time it too small for the hand. Its shape forces your hand and fingers in an unnatural gripping position. It lacks comfort. The HandShoe Mouse was developed with these complaints in mind. Support of your hand and fingers prevents gripping and pinching and your arm is supported at the ideal angle of 25-30 degrees which makes sure your forearm is completely relaxed.
To better understand why the HandShoe Mouse is the latest technology in the evolution of the computer mouse, following is a list of why the HandShoe Mouse is different:
- Design is based on proper medical university research and extensive field testing
- Your hand, thumb and fingers are supported in the best, relaxed position
- Instead of over-using your hand and wrist, your arm will most of the time let the optical HandShoe Mouse float without any effort. The shape allows for the hand to continuously rest on the mouse body in a relaxed fashion, so there is no skin contact between your hand and the desk.
- As a result there is no skin irritation as caused by excessive rubbing when moving a conventional mouse. Contrary to conventional computer mice you don't have to continuously lift (hover) the fingers, to prevent accidental switching.
- The buttons of this ergonomic mouse are positioned in line with the fingers. Only minor pressure is required to click the buttons. The thumb rest of the HandShoe Mouse allows for a relaxed position and prevents excessive thumb action which can be harmful.
- The HandShoe Mouse is available in three standard sizes (Small, Medium and Large)which are available in a wireless and a wired version. So size matters and there is a HandShoe.
- The HandShoe Mouse is developed, based on proper university research and measurements and not on beliefs of individuals.
Measure your hand to determine mouse size. (View the "how to" image)
- The user friendly HandShoe Mouse is an ergonomic mouse available in 3 standard sizes: Small, Medium and Large.
- The HandShoe Mouse is plug and play; no special software drivers for Mac or PC are needed.
- Controls consist of 2 buttons at an ergonomic position and a scroll wheel fitted with a switch mechanism.
- The large size HandShoe Mouse has a third mouse button.
- Poll rate (Herz) of the electronics is 113~118Hz and up to 120Hz.
- Wireless range of the receiver is 10 m
- Receiver / dongle of standard BRT version is fitted with a LED light which goes on and off when operating the mouse.
- Receiver / dongle of BRT Light Click (LC) version is smaller and doesn't have a light.
- The wireless HandShoeMouse uses a lithium ion battery which can only be removed by professional service providers only.
- Battery life is approximately 2 years.
- Operating time for the wireless version is around 4 weeks.
- Charging of the wireless version takes around 3 hours.
- Charging takes place by means of USB cable; The PC or laptop needs to be switched on during charging.
- One can continue working while charging the battery; the micro receiver / dongle must be in place.